Acceptance Rate: 55.56% (2020)
Plagiarism Screening Policy
iRASD PJHSS is published by the International Research Association for Sustainable Development - iRASD. iRASD has a membership of Turnitin an online tool to help the editors verify the originality of submitted manuscripts. All submitted manuscripts are scanned with Turnitin to calculate the similarity index or plagiarism.
What is PLAGIARISM?
Plagiarism is when an author attempts to pass off someone else works as his or her own. Duplicate publication, sometimes called self-plagiarism, occurs when an author reuses substantial parts of his or her own published work without providing the appropriate references. This can range from getting an identical paper published in multiple journals, to salami-slicing, where authors add small amounts of new data to a previous paper.
PLAGIARISM Policy of iRASD PJHSS
- iRASD PJHSS is committed to promote and disseminate the original research work relating to the field of economic sciences.
- Plagiarism comes in several forms for that reason, Plagiarism in any form cannot be tolerated by iRASD PJHSS at any stage as it shows unethical publishing behavior.
- All selected manuscripts will be screened for plagiarism by using Turnitin software.
- The manuscript in which the plagiarism is detected is handled based on the extent of the plagiarism. A manuscript with less than a 19% similarity index can be accepted for publication.
- If the manuscript has plagiarism < 15%, the manuscript will be given an ID and the manuscript is sent to the review process.
- If the manuscript has plagiarism 15-30%, the manuscript will be given an ID and the manuscript is sent back to the author for content revision.
- If the plagiarism is detected more than 30%, it is found that the authors are very unlikely to revise the manuscript and submit the revised version. However, authors are welcome to do the required revisions and submit the manuscript as a new submission.
In the case of suspected plagiarism in a published article:
- A specific process is followed to manage a case of plagiarism. The iRASD PJHSS follows the guidelines contained in the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) flowcharts (http://publicationethics.org/resources/flowcharts).
- The person who advised us of the situation is informed about the process to be followed.
- The articles are compared to check the degree of copying.
- All Editors of the iRASD PJHSS, are informed and asked for their comments.
- The corresponding author of the article in question is contacted with documentary evidence of the case of plagiarism and is asked for a response.
- If the authors are found guilty of plagiarism
- The editor of the journal in which the original plagiarized article was published and the authors of the plagiarized article are informed.
- The iRASD PJHSS publishes an official retraction of the paper.
- The online version of the PJES article is withdrawn from the OJS host site, and
- The iRASD PJHSS will not publish any article by any of the authors concerned for a period of 5 years.